Welcome to the 496th version of Android Apps Weekly. Listed here are the large headlines from the final week:
- Google is disabling all links in YouTube Shorts. The reason being to eliminate hyperlink spam. YouTube is including a brand new methodology so as to add hyperlinks in September of 2023, so that is extra of a short lived factor somewhat than a everlasting ban on hyperlinks. You’ll see have the ability to see hyperlinks in feedback, movies, and descriptions, however you gained’t have the ability to click on on them.
- Gboard may let you use generative AI for proofreading and emojis quickly. The newest beta features a few generative AI options. Probably the most prevalent of which is proofreading. Primarily, Google will retailer the textual content you write on Google servers for 60 days so as to present proofreading ideas. That’s just a little a lot, but when that’s one thing you need, it might come to the common model of Gboard quickly.
- Android 14 is adding some new security features that introduce two new adjustments. The primary is stopping the cellphone from dropping to a 2G connection. The opposite is defending voice and SMS site visitors if the provider doesn’t encrypt them routinely. It advantages finish customers as a result of 2G networks specifically are pretty frequent for stealing data, and most carriers have deserted 2G anyway. You possibly can learn extra on the hyperlink.
- Google Messages now encrypts all RCS chats automatically and by default. That features group RCS chats. That is excellent news as a result of one of many advantages of utilizing RCS is its capability to be end-to-end encrypted, and now everybody will get it without having to dig into the settings. Total, although, it’s a minor change that many individuals could not discover.
- WhatsApp is rolling out its screen-sharing feature to extra customers this week. The rollout is affecting Android, iOS, and Home windows customers who’ve the newest steady launch of WhatsApp. That is a part of WhatsApp’s push to be extra helpful for work environments, just like Google Meet and Microsoft Groups. Hit the hyperlink to study extra.
Table of Contents
Value: Free to play
Dawnlands is an open-world survival and crafting sport. It performs equally to different video games within the style. You wander round an open world the place you gather assets, craft objects, and survive in opposition to dangerous guys. This one additionally comes with multiplayer with as much as 4 gamers in addition to a wide range of different issues to do within the sport world. It focuses lots much less on pure survival than another survival video games however makes up for it in different methods. It’s paying homage to Genshin Impression and different, related video games in the case of mechanics as effectively. The sport had a little bit of a tough launch, however with some optimizations, this one might be fairly good sooner or later.
Winlater is an open-source app that allows you to play PC apps and video games in your Android cellphone. It’s solely obtainable on GitHub for proper now, and it does require a few further steps out of your typical APK set up, so we advocate you learn the set up information on the GitHub web page for those who resolve to strive it out. It’s a really spectacular proof-of-concept app, but it surely does have its pitfalls. For instance, you’ll be able to play PC video games, however they normally run at pretty low FPS, and utilizing mouse controls is a little bit of a battle. Nonetheless, we like the place that is going, and we hope it will get higher over time.
Value: Free to play
Beginner Life is a brand new idle RPG from Com2uS, builders of Summoners Struggle, and a number of other different in style titles. The sport is fairly straightforward to play. You assemble a workforce of summoned characters and ship them out into battle. Fight takes place roughly routinely. You basically equip your workforce, degree them up, ship them out, and watch them go. That’s the gameplay loop. The sport additionally options a couple of totally different sport modes, a rating system, and a light-weight story for gamers to observe. It’s effectively performed so far as idle RPGs go however the sport suffered from connection points at launch, therefore its decrease Google Play ranking.
Contact the Notch
Value: Free / $0.99
Contact the Notch is a brand new app that allows you to map shortcuts to your cellphone’s notch or pinhole digital camera. You’d merely faucet the digital camera and the prescribed command will get issued. You possibly can have it do any variety of issues, together with opening the digital camera, taking a screenshot, turning on the flashlight, and much more. It’s also possible to entry these shortcuts in a couple of alternative ways so you are able to do multiple shortcut if you wish to. It has a couple of bugs, as most new apps do, but it surely’s a neat thought. It’s like a simplified model of the Dynamic Island function that numerous builders dropped at Android in app type final 12 months.
Value: Free to play
Omniheroes is a reasonably typical cell RPG with gacha components. You already know the place that is going. The sport enables you to summon a wide range of heroes. You improve them after which use them to progress by the sport’s story. Fight is automated, which brings an idle element to the sport as effectively. Not like many video games on this style, the themes are extra adult-oriented so put together your self for that mentally while you obtain the sport. You possibly can see what we imply within the character designs. Total, it’s not dangerous when it comes to mechanics. The remaining will depend on your preferences.
If we missed any Android apps or video games information or releases, inform us about them within the feedback.
#Android #apps #shouldnt #week